Operating a raceday under the
COVID-19 Protection Framework | Orange Setting
Auckland Thoroughbred Racing Inc. takes the health and safety of its valued customers, staff and participants, seriously.
As such, we are taking a precautionary approach, closely following the Government’s advice and ensuring all customer-facing staff are fully vaccinated and protected so that we can ensure you are able to enjoy our facilities safely.
We have developed a robust plan for operating our racecourse within the COVID-19 Protection Framework ‘Orange’ setting and today share with you the actions we’re taking to help ensure safe delivery of our racedays.
• In the orange setting, you do not need to wear a face mask at an event, either indoors or outdoors, we do however encourage masks to be worn indoors. Face coverings must also be an actual mask, meaning bandannas, scarves, and t-shirts are no longer acceptable
• Regularly disinfecting surfaces and increasing the level and frequency of cleaning bathrooms and disposal procedures for rubbish bins
• Ensuring our client-facing staff wear medical grade face masks at all times
• Displaying appropriate signage regarding COVID-19 safety
• Having hand sanitiser stations located around the racecourse
• Holding regular staff briefings leading up to the raceday where there will be consistent messaging regarding the importance of being vigilant in safe hygiene practices and firm reminders that any staff member who is suspected / probable / confirmed to have COVID-19, experiencing any form of known COVID-19 symptom or any other sign of illness / infection, should be in self-isolation and/or awaiting a result from a COVID-19 test must stay at home. This messaging will also be disseminated to staff via email and/or noticeboards.
Record keeping/scanning and Vaccine passes are no longer required and capacity limits are no longer restricted.
As a reminder to all raceday attendees, we encourage you to follow these basic principles to either reduce the risk of spreading viral infections or help keep yourself and others safe when attending a raceday:
• Stay at home if you are suspected / probable / confirmed to have COVID-19, experiencing any form of known COVID-19 symptom or any other sign of illness / infection, should be in self-isolation or quarantine and/or are awaiting a result from a COVID-19 test
• Avoid close contact with people suffering symptoms of COVID-19, the flu or any other illness or infection
• Wash hands frequently
• Always practice cough and sneeze etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing
• Maintain social distancing and wear face masks as required
We ask you to please share the above information with any others you may have purchased tickets for.
We look forward to welcoming you oncourse.
The team at Auckland Thoroughbred Racing Inc.